Hello everyone, we have just released NanoVNA-F firmware 1.0.3
The following new features are added:
Firmware v1.0.3 update instructions:
- Add "THRESHOLD" setting menu, you can set the threshold directly on the UI;
- Add "REFERENCE VALUE" setting menu to set the reference value of the trace;
- Fix the problem that the output power setting is not automatically applied when the calibration data is recalled;
- Fix other issues and improve measurement accuracy;
NanoVNA uses the clock generator chip Si5351 as the excitation source. The nominal maximum output frequency of Si5351 is 200MHz.
In NanoVNA, the Si5351 is overclocked to 300MHz to achieve a larger measurement range. However, some Si5351s have unstable output when overclocked to 300MHz. Therefore, you may need to manually set the overclocking value to slightly less than 300MHz, such as 290MHz.
After resetting "THRESHOLD", please don't forget to use "CONFIG->SAVE CONFIG" to save the setting, and recalibrate the unit.
About "REFERENCE VALUE" and "REFERENCE POSITION"
The small blue arrow on the far left in the screenshot is the reference trace.
- Now you can set the "REFERENCE VALUE" of the reference trace, as shown in the figure below, the value of the reference trace is set to -20dB.
- Now you can set the "REFERENCE POSITION" of the reference trace. The position of the reference trace is set to 9 as shown in the figure below.
- Put all the files into the root directory of the disk, and then power off and power on the unit again, and the unit will be upgraded automatically.
- Do not power off or unplug the type-C cable during the upgrade process!!!
- You may need to perform recalibration data for this upgrade.
- This firmware does not apply to NanoVNA-F V2, NanoVNA-F and NanoVNA-F V2 are two independent products.
Important hint !
This firmware is only applicable to NanoVNA-F machines manufactured by BH5HNU.
Any third-party NanoVNA-F hardware has not been tested, and any problems with third-party hardware using this firmware will not be explained by BH5HNU. Thank you for your cooperation.
Download for Firmware 1.0.3